Sunday, January 19, 2020
Scripture: I Corinthians 1:1-9
Sermon: You Are Not Lacking
We begin a new worship series together as we explore a letter from Pastor Paul to his church in Corinth. Paul helps his congregation to see how being united as Christians will impact their lives. His letter guides us today as we realize what it means to be able to declare, “We belong to Christ!”
Our TakeAways were to:
- Read Romans 12 to learn more about the spiritual gifts of the body of Christ.
- CONNECT with your brothers and sisters as a part of the abundance of the body of Christ.
- DISCOVER your spiritual gifts by taking a spiritual gifts assessment.
- SERVE others with your gifts and use your gifts in connection with others through the community of faith at Emory.
- Pray: God, help me identify the gifts you’ve given me for living faithfully as a Christian disciple every day.
“I am the church! You are the church! We are the church TOGETHER!”
UM Hymn 558 by Avery and Marsh