Sunday, August 18, 2019
Sermon:Habakkuk: A Banned Book
Our Scripture focus was Habakkuk 1-2
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Week 34 of Coast to Coast readings.
- CONNECT with the emotionally raw prayers of the prophet Habakkuk.
- DISCOVER God’s promise of deliverance from injustice.
- SERVE victims of injustice with the compassion of God.
- Pray: God help me to rely on you so that I can rejoice in you at all times.
“Habakkuk reminds believers centuries later how important it is to keep on believing in a God that will bring deliverance. This unflinching belief in God’s ability to make an end to violence is precisely the reason why the book Habakkuk was banned in Nazi Germany — the idea that God will end unjust power was considered too dangerous to be tolerated.” Juliana Claassens Professor of Old Testament at University of Stellenbosch, South Africa