Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, Jun 17, 2018
Our Scripture focus was on Luke 15:11–32.
We took a look at Jesus' Parables: The Lost Son - The Father
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Psalm 103, Isaiah 64 and Luke 15.
- CONNECT with God as the Holy Loving Father.
- DISCOVER the Father’s love through the sacrifice of the Son.
- SERVE so that others can experience the love of the Father.
- Pray that I embrace God the Father’s love.
Sermon Slides: Jesus' Parables: Wise and Foolish Builders
| Our theme verse is Proverbs 1:7
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
- C3: Cookies, crafts, and challenges will be at New Oxford Manor between 3:30-5:30pm every Wednesday. Cookie donations are always appreciated!
- Roots (Youth Group) meets every Wednesday @ 7pm at The Diviney’s house in New Oxford.
- The Mission trip to Henderson Settlement in Kentucky will be July 22-July 28. Their budget is $400/person. If you would like to donate to any of those going on the trip or for materials, please make checks to Emory UMC with Henderson Settlement in the memo line. Thank you for blessing those going and those receiving.
- Flea Market is Saturday June 16th. The missions team going to Henderson Settlement is asking for donations of fruit: Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew (cut and put in gallon ziplock bags), grapes, blueberries, strawberries, bottled water, diet coke, coke, & sprite (in cans) to sell at the flea market to raise money for materials for the trip. Please bring all donations to the church on Friday June 15th between 5-6:30pm.
- Amped: Live Fully Alive! Vacation Bible School will be held July 30th– August 3rd. Dinner (for families) from 5-6pm. Program from 6:15-8pm. For Ages Preschool to 4th grade. There will be large group activity to include families, crafts, games, songs, skits and lots of fun. If you are interested in helping or registering there is sign up on Emory’s website and the table in the vestibule.
- Interfaith Games hosted by First Lutheran Church will be held Sunday June 24th at 1:00 in the pavilion. Games for everyone, Food and Community Fun! Bring a dish to share. Call 717.624.7551
- Leadership Council Meeting is Monday July 2nd at 7pm. All are Welcome! (Minutes from last month are posted on the Bulletin Board