Sunday, January 12, 2020
Sermon: Baptism of the Lord
On Sunday we took time to hear and reflect on the story of the day Jesus was baptized. Then we spent holy time together remembering our own baptisms and renewing our baptismal vows together. This was a special time of refreshment and renewal, shared in the family of God.
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Matthew 3.
- CONNECT with your brothers and sisters in Christ, baptized together in the family of God.
- DISCOVER the meaning of your baptismal vows for your life today.
- Start preparing to SERVE the Lord and this community on January 20— MLK day of Service.
- Pray: Renew me for growth in my discipleship and love of you Lord.
You are a beloved child of God. Remember your baptism and rejoice!
- Romans 6:4 (NIV) We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.