Ways to Worship from Home
Online Worship At Emory UMC
Welcome to worship with Emory UMC of New Oxford Online! It is good to be gathered with you through the extension of the Holy Spirit to share these worship services. Wherever you are, may this time of worship be a blessing to you and unto the Lord.
September 13, 2020
Watch recordings of worship from previous weeks:
Questions for you to ask, reflect on, and pray about:
- How do we make sure that Emory UMC is a house of prayer for everyone?
- In such a time as this, during this pandemic, how is God at work?
- How can we be reaching out to others?
- Who is not here yet?
- Who is God gathering and how can we participate?
- How can I help someone feel welcome and included here?
- How can I be a beacon of hope, a light shining for others?
- How can we be a welcoming community with space for outsiders to learn about and fall in love with God?
- How can I be a sign of God’s goodness and mercy?
- How is God’s justice on display through my life?
- How can we be a congregation like the people of Isaiah 56, a group that is traveling closer to God and bringing other people along with us?
- God has made the promise to gather others. How are we participating in what God is bringing about?
Emory’s Music Director, Josie Santos, shares this special music with you to mark Memorial Day: Click here to listen to “Let Freedom Ring”
Thank you to all of the members of Emory’s youth group who helped the New Oxford community and all of us to mark this Memorial Day with the placement of flags at the church building. You can see their work in this week’s worship video.
Engaging with scripture is a powerful spiritual practice. Try spiritual reading as a way to listen for God’s voice and message for you as you prayerfully read.
- Set aside some time for this interaction with God.
- Find a meaningful way to invite and acknowledge the presence of the Holy Spirit with you. You might say a prayer inviting the Spirit. You could sing a song…click here for a song. You might light a candle. You can set up a chair next to you to symbolize the presence of God sitting with you.
- Select your own passage to read several times and reflect on OR visit a site which offers a daily reading selection and helpful instructions and questions to guide you through prayerfully reading scripture on your own. Click Here for help.
Worshiping with UM churches in our York District:
The following list, updated on 3/28/2020 11:00 AM, has links for recorded church messages and links for this upcoming Sunday’s worship.
Bethany Church Felton Sunday worship (LIVE 8:45 and 11:00 AM):
Immanuel Glen Rock worship (LIVE 9:30 AM):
Marion First (LIVE 10:30 AM):
Paddletown St. Pauls’ (LIVE 10:00 AM):
Spry Church (LIVE 9:00, 9:45, and 11:00 AM)
Fishing Creek Salem (LIVE 8:15 and 1:00 AM)
Lewisberry (LIVE 10:30 AM)
Recorded messages and recorded worship
Christ UMC Waynesboro:
Park Avenue United Methodist Churches
Trinity New Freedom
South Mountain Charge
St. Paul’s Red Lion
State Line and Greencastle First (3/22/2020)
Educational videos (Sunday school, Bible study, etc.)
http://bibleinteract.com (some free, and fee-based memberships)
http://ministrymatters.com (some free, and fee-based memberships)
https://www.childrensbulletins.com/ (some free, and fee-based memberships)
http://churchsource.com (some free)