Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, January 6, 2019
Our Scripture focus was on Genesis 21:1-8.
We took a look at "The Journey Begins" as we go Coast 2 Coast, through the bible in 1 year.
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Week 2 of Coast to Coast readings
- CONNECT with God through His Word.
- DISCOVER the excitement of reading God’s Word.
- SERVE those around me so they experience the Love of God.
- Pray that I allow God’s Holy Word to work in my life.
Sermons Slides The Journey Begins
| Our theme verse is Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.”
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
- We would like to thank Pastor Brian & Lisa with a special Christmas gift. If you would like to contribute please see Angela Steel before December 23rd. Thank you!
- Join us for a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service on December 24th @ 7pm. Invite your neighbors, family & friends.
- As a follow up to the postponed District discussions on the Way Forward, there will be regional meetings with two General Conference Delegates. The closest one will be at Camp Hill UMC on Saturday January 19 at 9AM. You may register on the SUSUMC site. If you have any questions, please contact the Conference Office.
- Emory will be beginning a new Sermon Series called Coast 2 Coast. We will be walking Through the Bible in 2019, Beginning January 1st. Details to follow.
- Choir Practice will resume on January 8th at 7 pm. Anyone interested in joining the choir, please see Josie Santos.
- New keypad door locks have been placed on several doors for safety and security of the church and it’s members. Please be advised during service you may need to use the restroom in the vestibule because the door to the fellowship hall may be locked for the safety of the children.
- Emory Church is now a member of Amazon Smiles. This program for non-profit organizations will donate a portion of your purchases to the church. So please visit smile.amazon.com and choose Emory UMC as your organization to support prior to your next Amazon purchase.