Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, January 19, 2020
Scripture: I Corinthians 1:1-9
Sermon: You Are Not Lacking
We begin a new worship series together as we explore a letter from Pastor Paul to his church in Corinth. Paul helps his congregation to see how being united as Christians will impact their lives. His letter guides us today as we realize what it means to be able to declare, "We belong to Christ!"
Our TakeAways were to:
- Read Romans 12 to learn more about the spiritual gifts of the body of Christ.
- CONNECT with your brothers and sisters as a part of the abundance of the body of Christ.
- DISCOVER your spiritual gifts by taking a spiritual gifts assessment.
- SERVE others with your gifts and use your gifts in connection with others through the community of faith at Emory.
- Pray: God, help me identify the gifts you’ve given me for living faithfully as a Christian disciple every day.
am the church! You are the church! We are the church TOGETHER!”
Hymn 558 by Avery and Marsh
- Emory UMC is looking for a few people who like to “Party Plan” If that is you, sign up on the bulletin board to be a part of this FUN team!
- Coast 2 Coast Bible Study Wednesdays @ 2:30pm (CKV) & 7pm (Emory). Please make one of these mid-week studies part of your routine.
- Come enjoy worship through song and instrument at Play in Praise Tonight @ 6:00pm.
- Men’s Breakfast is on Saturday December 7th at 8:00am @ Harmony Café.
- Emory’s Christmas Cantata will be held on December 15th @ 6:00pm. Bring your friends and neighbors for an evening of celebrating Jesus’ birth through music.
- Don Millner is looking for people interested in bell ringing for the Salvation Army. Please see him to sign up.
- Don’t miss Emory UMC Tone Chimes in worship on Sunday, December 22nd.
- Join us for a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service on December 24th @ 7pm. Invite your neighbors, family and friends.
- Family Christmastide service on December 29th. Come sing your favorite Christmas carols in a holiday hymn sing. We are excited to welcome the Crawford Family to share stories of their adventures as missionaries in Mexico. All are invited to share a time of fellowship after the service.
- Celebrate Epiphany! Join us for a special service on January 5th.
- Fundraiser Party for Lisa Berwager on January 11th from 4-10pm at the New Oxford Social Club Pavilion. For more info—see the flyer on the Emory bulletin board.
- Emory UMC is now a member of Amazon Smiles. This program for non-profit organizations will donate a portion of your purchase to the church. So please visit smile.amazon.com and choose Emory UMC New Oxford as your organization to support prior to your next purchase.