Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, September 16, 2018
Our Scripture focus was on Ephesians 4:1-7.
We took a look at The Mission
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Psalm 29, Genesis 1 and Ephesians 4.
- CONNECT with God as the Trinity.
- DISCOVER all three parts of the Trinity.
- SERVE through the source, way and power of the Trinity.
- Pray that I allow the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to embrace me.
Sermon Slides: Connect with God
| Our theme verse is 2 Corinthians 13:14
"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
- The sanctuary will be open for Wednesday Morning Prayer from 8:15am to 9:15am. All are welcome!
- Roots (Youth Group) will be meeting this Wednesday at The Diviney’s house @ 6:30pm See Taylor for more details.
- Next Leadership Council Meeting will be held Monday October 1st @ 7pm. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Emory Choir practice will be held on Tuesdays at 7pm. Christmas Cantata practice has begun but it’s not too late to join. Looking for people who play any instrument or sing for The Emory Choir or Instrumental Ensemble. If you or someone you know is interested contact Josie Santos.
- TODAY! ALL YOU CAN EAT Turkey Dinner at Immaculate Conception in New Oxford on September 16th from 11-2 in their parish hall. Tickets are $9 adult, $4 children (6-12) and under 6 FREE. Questions call the parish office at 624-4121.
- Wings (Women’s Group) will start-up again on Thursday, September 20th at 7:00 pm at Sandy Milner’s home for our opening evening of socializing and planning. Call Dian Cramer or Valerie Scott if interested in a ride or if you have any questions or would like more details.
- Invitation by author Dr. Brian Russell is a 10 week study that will be held every Tuesday starting October 16th at 6:30pm. If you would like to register to be a part of this small group study please respond on the Connection Card or call the church office at 717.624.9500.