Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, August 12, 2018
Our Scripture focus was on Luke 14:15-24.
We took a look at Jesus' Parables: The Great Banquet
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Psalm 36, Luke 14 and Matthew 22.
- CONNECT my life to God’s Great Banquet.
- DISCOVER life as one who accepted Christ’s invitation.
- SERVE so that the “least of these” can attend God’s Great Banquet.
- Pray my life reflects Jesus’ love.
Sermon Slides: Jesus' Parables: The Great Banquet
| Our theme verse is Psalm 32:8
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
Training Opportunity through Safe Sanctuaries. (*Mandatory for all children's workers) Click on picture to do the Online training.
Interested In Tech Team? Don't miss this Saturday Training.
- The sanctuary will be open for Wednesday Morning Prayer from 8:15am to 9:15am. All are welcome!
- Roots (Youth Group) will be meeting this Wednesday at Crosskeys Fellowship. See Taylor for more details.
- Next Leadership Council Meeting will be held Monday September 10 @ 7pm. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Fellowship Snacks will be purchased by the fellowship committee for the months of July & August. If you would like to donate money towards snacks please see Wendy Diviney or Dian Cramer.
- Men’s Breakfast will be at Rosie’s in New Oxford on Saturday August 18th @ 8 am.
- Emory Choir practice will resume on Tuesday, August 28 at 7:00pm. Christmas Cantata practice will start on September 4th. Looking for people who play any instrument or sing for The Emory Choir or Instrumental Ensemble. If you or someone you know is interested contact Josie Santos.
- Anyone interested in being on the Tech Team, there will be a training on Saturday August 25th from Noon to 3:00. Lunch will be provided at noon. Please see Pastor Brian with any questions.
- There will be a Safe Sanctuaries training on Saturday August 18th from 9-11:30 at St. Paul UMC Chambersburg. Cost is $3 for the book. Carpooling available. Must register by August 9th. For anyone who works or volunteers with children in the church, this is a mandatory training and can also be done online at www.susumc.org. Please contact Angela Steel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717.521.8736.