Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, September 15, 2019
Sermon: The Story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the Fiery Furnace
Our Scripture focus was Daneil 3
Our takeaways were to:
Read Week 38 of Coast to Coast readings.
CONNECT with devotion which puts God above everything else.
DISCOVER the drama of speaking truth to power while living in exile.
SERVE the Lord with all you praise and worship.
Pray: Give us faith to withstand anything that rages to deter us from following you. Amen
"The question is not whether you will worship, but rather what you will worship- your glorious Creator or something God created." --Paul David Tripp
Our theme verse is Psalm 33:4
For the word of the Lord is right and true;
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer
Join us for a walk to support Mental Health Awareness!
Tour & Volunteer at Mission Central!
Good Eats at the WINGS Taste and See!
- Coast 2 Coast Bible Study Wednesdays @ 2:30pm (CKV) & 7pm (Emory). Please make one of these mid-week studies part of your routine.
- Please Note: *No Wednesday 7pm Coast 2 Coast on September 25th*
- Emory Choir will practice on Tuesdays @ 7:00pm. If you would like to be a part of the choir or the Christmas Cantata please see Josie Santos or show up to practice.
- Roots Youth Group meets every Wednesday @ 6:30pm. This week September 18th - Faith Over Fear. If you know someone in grades 6-12th please encourage them to come! See Keith Mitzel for more details.
- Roots Youth Group is having a s’mores campfire at the Parsonage on September 25th @ 6:30pm.
- Come “Taste & See” with the WINGS (Women In God’s Service) on Thursday September 19th @ 7pm at Emory. Discovering God Among Butchers, Bakers, and Fresh Food Makers – a global culinary and spiritual adventure! See Dian Cramer for details
- Would you like to spend the day touring and volunteering at Mission Central? Pastor Erin will be leading a group to visit and serve on September 26th from 9am-2pm. If you are interested in going please sign up in the vestibule.
- Annual Church Yard Sale is coming October 5th so start saving your “treasures”. No clothing will be accepted. But if you would like to donate women’s dress clothes or purses they will be donated to the Women At Risk Ministry. See Wendy Diviney or Jim Cramer with questions.
- A pot luck luncheon on World Communion Sunday October 6th following the Worship Service. More details to come…
- Registration has begun for the NAMI walk for Mental Health Awareness. Brochures and info can be found on the table in the vestibule.
- There will be a Hymn Sing on October 13th @ 6:00pm.