Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, April 15, 2018
Our Scripture focus was on Acts 17:16-34.
We took a look at the Faith Sharing: The Seekers
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Psalm 145, Deuteronomy 10 and Acts 17.
- CONNECT with someone who is seeking God.
- DISCOVER introducing someone to Jesus.
- SERVE so that others can meet Christ.
- Pray that I am approachable for someone who is seeking Jesus.
Sermon Slides: 20180415_FaithSharing_TheSeekers
| Our theme verse is Psalm 145:4-5
"One generation commends Your works to another; they tell of Your mighty acts. They speak of the glorious splendor of Your majesty and I will meditate on Your wonderful works."
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
- C3: Coffee, Cocoa & Cookies at New Oxford Manor between 6am-8am every Wednesday. With such a great response, Cookie donations are always appreciated.
- Roots (Youth Group) meets every Wednesday @ 7pm at The Diviney’s house in New Oxford.
- The choir will be practicing April 17 @ 7pm. All are welcome to join.
- The Mission trip to Henderson Settlement in Kentucky will be July 22-July 28. Their budget is $400/person. If you would like to donate to any of those going on the trip please make checks to Emory UMC with Henderson Settlement in the memo line. Thank you for blessing those going.
- Men’s Breakfast will be at Rosie’s in New Oxford @ 8am on Saturday April 21st.
- WINGS (Women’s Group) will meet this week on Thursday at Bay Side Restaurant at 6 p.m. For more details see Dian Cramer