Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, May 19, 2019
Our Scripture focus was on 1 Chronicles 22:11-19.
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Week 21 of Coast to Coast readings.
- CONNECT with the preparations God has made for me.
- DISCOVER how God has prepared me for His Glory.
- SERVE so that the Love God has prepared in me is experienced by others.
- Pray that I allow God to prepare me for Him.
Sermon Slides: The God of Preparation
| Our theme verse is Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
||Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
- Coast 2 Coast Bible Study Wednesdays @ 2:30pm (Cross Keys Village Presto Room) & @ 7pm (Emory). Please make this mid-week study part of your routine.
- Roots Youth Group meets every Wednesday @ 6:30pm. May’s topics include: Is That Donkey Talking To Me?, Finishing Strong, A Fishy Story, Walls, Schmalls, Jesus Can Do IT All, Youth Group Graduation Celebration If you know someone in grades 6-12th please encourage them to come! See Keith Mitzel for more details.
- Mark Your Calendars! Vacation Bible School is coming to Emory starting July15th-July 19th. Dinner starts at 5:30pm each evening. There will be a volunteer meeting June 6th @ 7:00pm. If you are interested in helping community children about the love of Jesus please come to the meeting!
- Annual Conference is being held May 30th– June 1st, Please be in prayer for those attending and decisions being made.
- The next Leadership Council Meeting will be Monday June 3rd @ 7pm. Everyone is welcome to attend!
- Missions Opportunity: Missions Trip to Mexico October 11-20, 2019 for anyone ages 18 & older. Work and Learn in another culture with the Give Ye Them To Eat Program doing construction projects, repairs and upgrades to the Tree of Life Training Center in Tiancualpican, Mexico. The cost is approx. $2000 Contact Rev. Maria Hartman at email@example.com for more information or an application.
- There are several dates scheduled for VIM Team Leader Training. This training will prepare you to lead a team locally, nationally or globally for missions. This training is open to all who are interested. Taking this training does not require you to lead a trip. The 2 trainings that are nearby are August 17th from 9am-4pm at Gettysburg UMC and October 19th from 9am-4pm at Grace UMC Lemoyne. RSVP to Michelle Schwartman, Director of VIM 2 weeks prior to training. firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-766-7441 ext. 3105
- Emory’s Monthly Newsletter is available for pick up on the table in the foyer. Get yours today!