Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, May 12, 2019
Our Scripture focus was on 2 Samuel 23:1-7.
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Week 20 of Coast to Coast readings.
- CONNECT with God’s Word.
- DISCOVER the impact the Word of God has on my life.
- SERVE so that God’s words impact those around me.
- Pray that I allow God’s word to transform my life.
Listen here: The God of Last Words
|Our theme verse is Luke 11:28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”||Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
· Coast 2 Coast Bible Study Wednesdays @ 2:30pm (Cross Keys Village Presto Room) & @ 7pm (Emory). Please make this mid-week study part of your routine.
· Roots Youth Group meets every Wednesday @ 6:30pm. May’s topics include: Is That Donkey Talking To Me?, Finishing Strong, A Fishy Story, Walls, Schmalls, Jesus Can Do IT All, Youth Group Graduation Celebration If you know someone in grades 6-12th please encourage them to come! See Keith Mitzel for more details.
· May 19th will be Graduation Sunday & Youth Volunteer Appreciation Day. If you or someone you know is graduating high school or college please contact Keith Mitzel with the information so they can be honored in the Service. There will also be a Volunteer meeting after the Worship Service.
· W.IN G.S. (Women’s Group) is meeting for Dinner and Fellowship on Thursday May 16th @ 6:00pm at C&D Grill in New Oxford. We will be saying “farewell” to Lisa as she and Brian move on to their new appointment. Please RSVP to Dian Cramer if you are able to attend at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-624-4856.
· The next Leadership Council Meeting will be Monday June 3rd @ 7pm. Everyone is welcome to attend!
· Missions Opportunity: Missions Trip to Mexico October 11-20, 2019 for anyone ages 18 & older. Work and Learn in another culture with the Give Ye Them To Eat Program doing construction projects, repairs and upgrades to the Tree of Life Training Center in Tiancualpican, Mexico. The cost is approx. $2000 Contact Rev. Maria Hartman at email@example.com for more information or an application.
· Emory’s Monthly Newsletter is available for pick up on the table in the foyer. Get yours today!