Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, March 17, 2019
Our Scripture focus was on James 2:14-18.
Linda Vesey from New Hope Ministries shares with us "Faith through Deeds".
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Week 12 of Coast to Coast readings.
- CONNECT with an open heart to compassion.
- DISCOVER time in my schedule to serve.
- SERVE with open hands, volunteer, offer a lift, get groceries or stop for coffee.
- Pray for God to use me to be the hands and feet of Christ.
| Our theme verse is Psalm 119:130 "The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.”
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
· Wednesday Evening coast 2 coast Bible Study @ 7pm. Please make this mid-week study part of your routine.
· Emory is participating in a Study Series called Coast 2 Coast. We are traveling Through the Bible in 2019. To order a book, go to https://www.amazon.com/dp/1790624843 or pay $21 and pick one up in the office. It’s never too late to join!
· Choir Practice will be held on Tuesdays at 6:30 pm. Anyone interested in joining the choir, please see Josie Santos or come to a Tuesday evening practice.
· The Easter Cantata will be Sunday April 14th @ 7pm. If you are interested in being a part please see Josie Santos or come to practice on Tuesday evenings at 7:00pm.
· Roots Youth Group meets every Wednesday @ 6:30pm at The Diviney’s home. This month their topic of discussion is the Spiritual Gifts Journey. If you know someone in grades 6-12th please encourage them to come! See Keith Mitzel for more details.
· There will be a Youth Parent Meeting on March 24th following the morning worship service. If you are a parent of a student in grades 6-12th, please make every effort to attend.
· There will be a Youth Volunteer Meeting on March 31st following the morning service. If you volunteer or are interested in volunteering with the youth please attend this meeting.
· W.ING.S. will be meeting on March 21st at 7:00pm @ Emory Come join in friendship and fellowship as we continue a “Getting To Know” you evening. Never been to a “Women in God’s Service” event night? Come try it out! Please see Dian Cramer with any questions.
· Spring is coming! Time to order Easter flowers. Please see the order form in the bulletin or on the table in the foyer. Order deadline is March 31st.
· There will be two Post Conference follow-up meetings in the York District. Gettysburg UMC will host one on April 6th from 9:30am– Noon. Aldersgate UMC in Mechanicsburg will host one on April 6th from 3:30-5:30pm.