Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, February 2, 2020
Scripture: I Corinthians 1:18-31
Sermon: Consider Your Call
We are called to be fools but this calling does not diminish us as people, rather it reminds us of the source of our strength and our wisdom. If we are able to move our egos out of the way and truly focus on the unity of the body and the centrality of the call, it just might be possible to be in mission together as the church of Jesus Christ.
Our TakeAways were to:
- Read the lectionary psalm for today: Psalm 15.
- CONNECT with your brothers and sisters as the untied body of Christ.
- DISCOVER how God is turning wisdom on its head.
- SERVE as a disciple with a calling.
- Pray for discernment, the ability to know how God is calling you into the mission of the Body of Christ.
“But far be it from me to boast except in
the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to
me, and I to the world.”
- Galatians 6:14
- Cantata Rehearsal will start on Tuesday February 11th at 7:00 pm. Come join the choir in proclaiming Jesus is Risen! See Josie for more details.
- There is now a box in the atrium to place your “new” nail clippers for donation to care packages for Mission Central. These will go to the 2020 Annual Conference.
- WINGS will meet on Thursday February 20th @ 7:00pm to continue their “Taste and See” series. This months topic is Olives & Olive Oil. Join the women for fellowship, food and learning.
- Leadership Council Meeting will be held Monday February 24th @ 6:30 pm. Everyone is welcome to attend!
- Know someone who has a preschool age child? Invite them to Emory’s Preschool Open House being held on Tuesday February 25th from 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Join us on Ash Wednesday February 26th for a Lenten service at 7:00 pm. Imposition of ashes will be from Noon-2pm, 4-5pm & at the 7:00pm service.
- Roots Youth Group will be Snow Tubing on February 26th. Meet at the church at 5:00 pm.
- In case of inclement weather please check Emory New Oxford’s Facebook page, Emory website at www.emorynewoxford.org or call the church office at 717.624.9500 where there will be a voicemail letting you know if service is cancelled.
- Did you know Emory UMC collects many items for wonderful causes? Soda tabs for Ronald McDonald House, Used Postage Stamps for Cross Keys Village, Boxtops for Education, and gently used purses and dress clothes (suitable for a job interview) for Women at Risk. Bins are located in the fellowship hall or see Wendy Diviney with clothing donations.