Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, June 9, 2019
Our Scripture focus was on Acts 2:1-12.
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Week 24 of Coast to Coast readings.
- CONNECT with the power of the Holy Spirit.
- DISCOVER life filled with the Holy Spirit.
- SERVE so others may experience the Holy Spirit.
- Pray that I allow the Holy Spirit to fill my life.
Sermon Slides:Filled With the Holy Spirit
| Our theme verse is 1 Thessalonians 2:13 And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.
||Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
- Coast 2 Coast Bible Study Wednesdays @ 7pm (Emory). Please make this mid-week study part of your routine.
- Roots Youth Group meets every Wednesday @ 6:30pm. June’s topics include: June 5th - Missions, June 12th - Compassion International , June 19th - Why My Choices Matter, June 26th - The Challenge Of Change. If you know someone in grades 6-12th please encourage them to come! See Keith Mitzel for more details.
- Youth Parent Meeting will be held Sunday June 30th following the Service. If you are a parent of a youth in grades 6-12 please plan to attend.
- Mark Your Calendars! Vacation Bible School is coming to Emory starting July15th-July 19th. Dinner starts at 5:30pm each evening. If you are interested in helping church and community children learn more about Jesus, please see Nikki Beidenbach or Angela Steel.
- If you are interested in helping welcome Emory’s new Pastor, Erin in some way ~ Either by making a meal, giving a gift, writing a card, taking her out to dinner/lunch, or whatever way you can think of. Please see Wendy Diviney.
- College & Career Ministry will be starting Thursday June 27th at 7 pm. Ages 18 - 30 welcome!
- Tech Team Meeting will be held on July 14th after service for those who are interested in serving, or want to continue to serve. Please see Keith Mitzel if you would like to attend or write Tech Team on your Connection Card.
- Emory’s Monthly Newsletter is available for pick up on the table in the foyer. Get yours today!
- It won’t cost a cent! The folks at Cross Keys can use some help. Save the tabs from soda cans and tear the envelope corner that has a postage stamp. Both of these items can be converted to money. There are containers for both on the table near the mailboxes. Can we fill both containers?