Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, October 14, 2018
Our Scripture focus was on John 2:1-11.
We took a look at Discover the Love of Jesus
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Psalm 97, Isaiah 53 and John 2.
- CONNECT with the Love of Jesus.
- DISCOVER how much Jesus Loves me.
- SERVE from the Love Jesus has shown me.
- Pray that I allow Jesus to Love me.
Sermon Slides: Discover the Love of Jesus
| Our theme verse is Ephesians 4:4-6
"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
Donations Needed for Emory's Indoor Yard Sale/Bake Sale!
Come Join Us for Trick or Treat!
Fill a Shoe box for Operation Christmas Child!
- The sanctuary will be open for Wednesday Morning Prayer from 8:15am to 9:15am. All are welcome!
- Roots (Youth Group) meets every Wednesday. For more info see Taylor Whitcomb.
- Emory Choir practice will be held on Tuesdays at 7pm.
- Next Leadership Council Meeting will be held Monday November 5th @ 7pm. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Safe Sanctuaries Training will be held on Saturday October 20th from 9-11:30 am. Anyone who has direct contact with the children or youth of Emory must have this training. See Angela Steel with any questions.
- Men’s Breakfast will be Saturday October 20th @ 8 am at Rosie’s in New Oxford.
- Immaculate Conception B.V.M. Catholic Church of New Oxford will hold their monthly “All-You-Can-Eat” Turkey Dinner on October 21st in the parish hall, located behind the church, from 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM. Questions regarding the dinner may be directed to the parish office at 624-4121.Ticket prices are: $9.00 for adults, $4.00 for children (6-12), Under age 6 – free
- Invitation by author Dr. Brian Russell is a 10 week study that will be held every Tuesday starting October 23rd at 6:30pm. If you would like to register to be a part of this small group study please respond on the Connection Card or call the church office at 717.624.9500.
- Play & Praise is an evening of various talent on display and will take place at Emory Church on November 25th at 6pm. You won’t want to miss this Evening of Worship. Invite your friends and family to join you!
- Emory Church is now a member of Amazon Smiles. This program for non-profit organizations will donate a portion of your purchases to the church. So please visit smile.amazon.com and choose Emory UMC as your organization to support prior to your next Amazon purchase.