Emory UMC will be closed through April 4. Click Here to Learn More
Welcome to Emory United Methodist Church of New Oxford!
At Emory we are working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages
Worship service at 10:00 a.m.
When you visit:
Emory Church is located right on the Square in New Oxford. We are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
From this Past Sunday
LISTEN: Hearing That Still, Small Voice and Finding Your Own
Have you ever misplaced your phone–which is on vibrate of course–and then asked someone to call it? We get really still and really quiet. Our ears perk up in all directions in order to be ready to hear that little buzz. It is a quieting down and high alert all at the same time. This Lent we will quiet things down and heighten our attention to the “still, small voice” of God and our own True Self. Listening through prayer as well as meditation on holy texts is an ancient Lenten practice. Come and rest, come and listen.
Weekly Sermon Titles
- Cantata Rehearsal has begun. Tuesdays at 7:00 pm. Come join the choir in proclaiming Jesus is Risen! It’s not too late! See Josie for more details.
- Chimes Rehearsal is on Thursdays @ 6:30 pm.
- There is a box in the foyer to place your (new) nail clippers for donation to care packages for Mission Central. These will go to the 2020 Annual Conference.
- Make sure to pick up the Lenten devotional “Footsteps to Follow” by Pastor Lois Yauchzy from the table in the vestibule.
- Roots Youth Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 @ Emory UMC.
- Worship Committee will be meeting on March 2nd at 6:30 pm.
- Starting March 4th, Come for a time of prayerful reading with Pastor Erin. During the season of Lent, “Lectio Divina” will be offered on Wednesday nights from 7-8 pm.
- The Men will be meeting for breakfast on Saturday March 7th at 8:00 am at Cross Keys Village - TBHC at Harmony Ridge in the Campus Inn.
- Hospitality Conversation after Worship Service on March 8th in the nursery. Please join us and get connected!
- WINGS will be meeting on March 19th at 7:00pm . Bring a favorite snack to share.
- Upcoming Holy Week Services:
April 9th - 7 pm - Maundy Thursday Service
April 10th - 7 pm - Good Friday Service