Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, December 25, 2018
Our Scripture focus was on Isaiah 40:21-31.
We took a look at Hope.
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Psalm 62, Jeremiah 33 and Isaiah 40.
- CONNECT with the Hope of Jesus.
- DISCOVER living a life filled with Hope.
- SERVE so that those around me experience the Hope of Christ.
- Pray that my life reflects the Hope of Jesus.
Sermons Slides: Hope
| Our theme verse is Isaiah 9:2 "The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned.”
||Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
- We would like to bless Pastor Brian & Lisa with a special Christmas gift. If you would like to contribute please see Angela Steel before December 23rd. Thank you!
- Make plans to hear Emory’s Combined Choir present “Sing Christmas” directed by our very own Josie Santos. This multi-church choir will be preforming their cantata on December 16th at 7 pm @ Emory Church. If you would like invitations, please see Josie Santos.
- The Season of Advent is quickly approaching. Emory would love for you to invite your friends, family, neighbors and people you may not know to our many Advent Worship Services. There are postcards available to send or mail with the December Worship Schedule. You can pick these up in the foyer or see Valerie Scott.
- WINGS will be having their Christmas Party on Monday December 17th @ 5:30 in Emory’s Fellowship Hall. Dinner will be ordered from a local restaurant. Please bring a dessert to share and a $5 gift with a “winter” theme for an exchange. Contact Dian Cramer for details.
- ROOTS Youth Group has several activities planned for the month of December. On the 12th at 6pm meet on Emory’s porch for a Christmas Party at SCCAP Homeless Shelter. Then on the 19th at 6pm meet at Emory to go Christmas Caroling at Hanover Hall. On the 26th there will be NO youth group.
- New keypad door locks have been placed on several doors for safety and security of the church and it’s members. Please be advised during service you may need to use the restroom in the vestibule because the door to the fellowship hall may be locked for the safety of the children.
- Emory Church is now a member of Amazon Smiles. This program for non-profit organizations will donate a portion of your purchases to the church. So please visit smile.amazon.com and choose Emory UMC as your organization to support prior to your next Amazon purchase.