Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, November 17, 2019
Scripture: Acts: 1:1-12
Sermon: Not Buckets
Don't settle for being a bucket when you are promised a mighty river of living water that springs forth from the heart. May you be filled with the love and grace of God so that you can pour yourself out for others as Jesus Christ did for the Kingdom of God.
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Week 47 of Coast to Coast readings.
- CONNECT with the blessings of God.
- DISCOVER why you are not a bucket.
- SERVE by pouring yourself out for others.
- Pray for the volunteers who will transport our shoebox gifts and the children who will receive them.
“God put a million doors in the world for His love to walk through;
one of those doors is you.”
-- From “Every Act of Love” by Jason Gray
Our theme verse is
Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
John 20:30-31 (NIV)
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer
- Coast 2 Coast Bible Study Wednesdays @ 2:30pm (CKV) & 7pm (Emory). Please make one of these mid-week studies part of your routine.
- Emory Christmas Cantata Choir will practice on Tuesdays @ 7:00pm.
- Roots Youth Group will be meeting on Wednesday November 13th 6:30 drop off at Dollar Tree in New Oxford to shop for Shoebox Items. See Wendy Diviney with any questions
- There will be a Worship Committee Meeting on Monday November 11th at 6:30pm. Please come and share your ideas!
- It’s Operation Christmas Child season again! Start packing your shoebox gifts! Boxes are available in the sanctuary. If you have questions, please speak with Dian Cramer. Bring filled shoeboxes to church by November 17th.
- It’s Green Beans vs. Corn in the New Hope Thanksgiving donation baskets! 1. Pick a team (or two) 2. Drop your canned green beans or corn in the designated baskets in the vestibule 3. Stay tuned to see which Veggie wins! All canned goods are being donated for New Hope Ministries New Oxford’s Thanksgiving giveaway. Deadline is November 10th.
- There will be a Shabbat Gathering on November 20th @ 7pm at Emory. We will welcome guest speaker Missionaries The Whitten Family. Light refreshments. They will bring news from Israel. Look for more details to come or speak with Lois Yauchzy.
- The Community Thanksgiving Service will be held on November 24th @ 7pm at First Lutheran Church in New Oxford.
- Don’t forget to return your gently used out dated Upper Room devotionals to donate to Open Arms Recovery Center. There is a basket on the table to place them in.
- FREE Community Thanksgiving Dinner! November 28th from 11am-1:00pm. Invite your neighbors who don’t have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving. Invitations will be available in the vestibule and a list of suggested donations will be on the Bulletin Board.