Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, July 15, 2018
Our Scripture focus was on Acts 1:1-9.
We took a look at "To the Ends of the Earth"
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Psalm 96, Isaiah 6 and Acts 1.
- CONNECT my life with God’s Mission.
- DISCOVER living a life as one sent by God.
- SERVE so that Disciples of Jesus may be made.
- Pray that I embrace the Mission of Jesus Christ.
Sermon Slides: To the Ends of the Earth
| Our theme verse is James 1:5
"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
- Fellowship Snacks will be purchased by the fellowship committee for the months of July & August. If you would like to donate money towards snacks please see Wendy or Dian.
- C3: Cookies, crafts, and challenges will be at New Oxford Manor between 9:30-11:30 every Wednesday. Cookie donations are always appreciated and we are in need of blankets to put on the ground for the kids to sit on.
- Roots (Youth Group) will meet this Wednesday @ 6:30pm at Crosskeys Fellowship. See Taylor for more details.
- Men’s Breakfast will be at Rosie’s in New Oxford on Saturday July 21st @ 8am. All are Welcome!
- The Mission trip to Henderson Settlement will be leaving for Kentucky on July 22nd. Please continue to pray for the team as they travel and serve in Kentucky.
- Amped: Live Fully Alive! Vacation Bible School will be held July 30th– August 3rd. Dinner (for families) from 5-6pm. Program from 6:15-8pm. For Ages Preschool to 4th grade. There will be large group activity to include families, crafts, games, songs, skits and lots of fun. If you are interested in helping or registering there is sign up on Emory’s website and the table in the vestibule.
- New Hope Ministries is collecting new, unwrapped toys for their Christmas In July campaign. These toys will be given to disadvantaged children of all ages at Christmas time. Please place donations in the basket in the vestibule. See Kat Edwards for more details.