Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, February 10, 2019
Our Scripture focus was on Leviticus 16:6-10
We took a look at "The Scapegoat” as we go Coast 2 Coast, through the bible in 1 year.
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Week 7 of Coast to Coast readings.
- CONNECT with Jesus’ atonement of my sins.
- DISCOVER how Jesus became my scapegoat.
- SERVE so that others see the freedom in Jesus.
- Pray that I allow Jesus to be my salvation.
Sermons Slides The Scapegoat
| Our theme verse is Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.”
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
· Wednesday Evening coast 2 coast Bible Study @ 7pm. Please make this mid-week study part of your routine.
· Would you love to intercede by using scripture? Join Lisa Doyle on Tuesday evenings at 6:00-6:45pm starting January 29th for the Word & Prayer. Focus will be a portion of scripture followed by praying God’s Word. Please see Lisa with any questions
· Emory has begun a new Sermon Series called Coast 2 Coast. We are traveling Through the Bible in 2019. To order a book, go to https://www.amazon.com/dp/1790624843 or pay $21 and pick one up in the office. It’s never to late to join!
· Choir Practice will be held on Tuesdays at 7 pm. Anyone interested in joining the choir, please see Josie Santos or come to a Tuesday evening practice.
· The Easter Cantata will be Sunday April 14th @ 7pm. If you are interested in being a part please see Josie Santos.
· W.ING.S. is meeting on February 21st @ 7pm. “Go Red” wear something red in celebration of Valentine’s day and National Heart Health Awareness month. Email Dian Cramer at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
· Roots Youth Group is meeting every Wednesday @ 6:30pm at the Diviney’s Home. If you have or know a student in Grades 6-12 invite them to come! Friday February 15th will be bowling @ 7pm. Meet at Hanover Bowling Center. Cost is $10. See Keith Mitzel for more details.
· We will be celebrating Chuck Steel with a potluck dinner at 4:30. Doors will open at 4pm on Sunday March 3rd. Please bring a side dish or dessert to share.
· Emory has put together a Monthly Newsletter. Pick one up in the foyer today!
· Bill Barkby is looking for someone who would be interested in being the Salvation Army Kettle Coordinator. He is needing to take a break from this position. If you would be interested or have any questions please contact Bill @ 717.870.3254