Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, May 20, 2018
Our Scripture focus was on Matthew 19:21-26.
We took a look at Living Sacrifices: Treasures
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Psalm 50, Malachi 3 and Matthew 19.
- CONNECT God’s will with what I have.
- DISCOVER how tithing can show Christ’s provision in my life.
- SERVE by using what I have for God’s Glory.
- Pray that I allow God to help me manage His treasures.
Sermon Slides: Living Sacrifices: Treasures
| Our theme verse is Romans 12:1-2
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
Check out these announcements about our upcoming Mission's Trip and C3's BIG change and our upcoming VBS!
- C3: Coffee, Cocoa & Cookies at New Oxford Manor between 6am-8am every Wednesday until May 30th. Cookie donations are always appreciated.
- Roots (Youth Group) meets every Wednesday @ 7pm at The Diviney’s house in New Oxford.
- Wings (Women’s Group) will meet this week on Thursday in Emory’s Fellowship Hall. For more details see Dian Cramer
- Mission Central is in need of 2 gallon ziplock bags. We are setting a goal to collect 50 boxes before May 27th. See Elaine Shorb for info.
- New Hope Ministries is collecting canned tuna & chicken for the month of May. Place these items in the basket in the vestibule.
- The Mission trip to Henderson Settlement in Kentucky will be July 22-July 28. Their budget is $400/person. If you would like to donate to any of those going on the trip please make checks to Emory UMC with Henderson Settlement in the memo line. Thank you for blessing those going.
- Amped: Live Fully Alive! Vacation Bible School will be held July 30th– August 3rd. Dinner (for families) from 5-6pm. Program from 6:15-8pm. For Ages Preschool to 4th grade. There will be large group activity to include families, crafts, games, songs, skits and lots of fun. If you are interested in helping or registering there is sign up on Emory’s website and the table in the vestibule.