Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, April 14, 2019
Our Scripture focus was on Luke 19:28-40.
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Week 16 of Coast to Coast readings.
- CONNECT with the joyful praises of God.
- DISCOVER a life of praise to God.
- SERVE so that others can praise God.
- Pray that my life reflects joy in the Lord.
Sermon Slides: Will You Keep Quiet?
|Our theme verse is Luke 11:28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”||Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
· Coast 2 Coast Bible Study Wednesdays @ 2:30pm (Cross Keys Village Presto Room) & @ 7pm (Emory). Please make this mid-week study part of your routine.
· Roots Youth Group meets every Wednesday @ 6:30pm. This month their topic of discussion is Individuality, The Compassion of Christ and Senior Teaching. If you know someone in grades 6-12th please encourage them to come! See Keith Mitzel for more details.
· Holy Week Schedule: April 18th @ 6:30 Foot Washing & Communion, April 19th @ 7:30 pm Tenebrae Service, April 21st @ 7:00am Sunrise Service at Salem UMC (followed by breakfast), April 21st @ 10am Easter Sunday Worship Service
· W.IN G.S. (Women’s Group) is hosting a Service Project for the month of April. They will be collecting donations for “Safe Home” a domestic violence agency in Hanover. They house a “pantry cupboard” for those women and families in need of everyday items. Please consider a donation of the following items: dish soap, hand soap, body wash, shampoo/conditioner, tooth paste, paper towels, toilet paper, soup, canned tuna & chicken, Dinty Moore beef stew, peanut butter. There will be a basket for collections in the vestibule marked with a “Safe Home” sign.
· Salem United Methodist Church is having an Easter Sunrise service @ 7am (April 21st), to be followed by breakfast. Emory UMC is invited. They would like to have a count of how many will be attending the breakfast by April 14th Please respond to Elaine Shorb.
· A Celebration for Chuck Steel has been rescheduled for Sunday April 28th at 4:00pm. This will be a potluck dinner with the church providing chicken. Bring sides and desserts.
· In light of pending decisions there will be a Conference wide event held online at susumc.org/live on Sunday May 5th from 3-5pm.