Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
Sunday, April 22, 2018
Our Scripture focus was on Colossians 1:1-14.
We took a look at Faith Sharing: The Sent
Our takeaways were to:
- Read Psalm 145, 1 John 4 and Colossians 1.
- CONNECT with those that have been Sent in the name of Jesus.
- DISCOVER partnering with those who have been Sent.
- SERVE as one who has been Sent by Christ.
- Pray that I allow God to send me where He wills.
Sermon Slides: Faith Sharing: The Sent
| Our theme verse is Psalm 145:4-5
"One generation commends Your works to another; they tell of Your mighty acts. They speak of the glorious splendor of Your majesty and I will meditate on Your wonderful works."
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
Check out these announcements about an Upcoming Missions trip and a Preschool Teacher's Aide Job opportunity!
- C3: Coffee, Cocoa & Cookies at New Oxford Manor between 6am-8am every Wednesday. With such a great response, Cookie donations are always appreciated.
- Roots (Youth Group) meets every Wednesday @ 7pm at The Diviney’s house in New Oxford.
- The choir will be practicing April 24 @ 7pm. All are welcome to join.
- WINGS (Women’s Group) will meet this week on Thursday at CrossKeys Village. For more details see Dian Cramer
- The Mission trip to Henderson Settlement in Kentucky will be July 22-July 28. Their budget is $400/person. If you would like to donate to any of those going on the trip please make checks to Emory UMC with Henderson Settlement in the memo line. Thank you for blessing those going.
- Emory’s Preschool is looking for a Teacher’s Aide to work with 3, 4 and 5-year-old students assisting teacher. Includes classroom preparation, working in small groups, assisting students with activities. Approximately 20-25 hours Monday through Friday during 9 month school year. Preferred experience in preschool or daycare setting. All PA State clearances are required. Please send resume to Emory United Methodist Preschool at PO Box 202, New Oxford, PA 17350 or email to email@example.com
- AMPED: Live Fully Alive! Vacation Bible School will be held July 30th– August 3rd. Dinner (for families) from 5-6pm. Program from 6:15-8pm. For Ages Preschool to 4th grade. There will be large group activity to include families, crafts, games, songs, skits and lots of fun. If you are interested in helping or signing up there will be more details to come in May.