Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for visitors and those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
|Our current Sermon Series is "Advent".
Our theme verse is Romans 15:12-13
"Again Isaiah says, "THERE SHALL COME THE ROOT OF JESSE, AND HE WHO ARISES TO RULE OVER THE GENTILES, IN HIM SHALL THE GENTILES HOPE." Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
Sing Joy for Christmas is Coming!
Two Exciting Children and Youth Events!
Help the Salvation Army by Ringing a Bell!
- Do you have ideas for the worship service? Want to be a part of a team? Then consider joining the Creative Worship Team. This team will design the worship experience at Emory. If interested see Pastor Brian Doyle
- Bible Study will be held every Wednesday @ 7pm. Everyone is welcome to attend!
- “Real Prayer” book study is on Tuesdays at 2:00. Please see Daune Wynn for details.
- Calling all teens (Grades 7-12)! Youth Group Fun Night on December 6th from 7-9pm. Come enjoy pizza, games and fellowship @ Wendy Diviney’s house *Bring your friends*
- The Christmas Cantata is coming! Join us on December 10th at 7pm for an evening of Christmas Joy Celebration! Pick up invites from the foyer and bring a friend or neighbor.
- Men’s Breakfast will be held at Rosie’s in New Oxford on Saturday December 16th @ 8am. All Men are welcome!
- Bell Ringing at Hobby Lobby. On December 16th come help the Salvation Army raise money for the holidays. Please see Bill Barkby for more information.
- Parent’s Night Out: FREE childcare including games, crafts, and snacks on December 16th from 6-9pm for Ages 1-12. Any questions? Email Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayer Blankets are available to give to someone with a long term illness, surgery, etc. Contact Mary Feeser at 717-624-7869.
- Box Tops for Education and Campbell's Soup Labels are being collected in support of Red Bird Mission. Gently used Purses and formal wear are being collected for Women At Risk. Please connect with Wendy Diviney at 717-515-0247 for more information.