Welcome to Emory Church, On the Square in New Oxford!
Emory Church is working with God in building a caring community that connects, discovers and serves together!
John Wesley is quoted as saying, “The world is my parish”. With Emory Church being right on the Square in New Oxford, we are blessed to have New Oxford as our parking lot. When you visit us please feel free to park anywhere around the square and the town. We do reserve space directly in front of Emory for those who might need to have closer access to us.
Sunday school is held at 9:00 a.m. for all ages with Worship at 10:00 a.m.
From this Past Sunday
|Our current Sermon Series is "Discover".
Our theme verse is Jeremiah 33:3
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
|Please remember those that are home bound in prayer:
Take a look at things happening this FALL!
Join us for Harvest Days activites!
Pack a Shoe box for Operation Christmas Child!
- Bible Study will be held every Wednesday @ 7pm. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- If you are interested in serving as a Reader or sharing a Children’s Chat, please connect with Elaine Shorb @ 717-521-4411.
- Prayer Blankets are available to give to someone with a long term illness, surgery, etc. Contact Mary Feeser at 717-624-7869.
- Practices for the Christmas Cantata are under way but it is NOT too late to join. Choir practices will be held Tuesdays at 7pm in Emory’s Sanctuary. If you are interested in being a part of the Choir please join us for practice or contact Josie Santos @ 717-634-8169
- Emory is collecting items for Operation Christmas Child now through Nov. 19th. There is a collection box in the back of the sanctuary. For a list of acceptable items please pick up a brochure and a box from the table in the foyer. Questions? See Dian Cramer
- NEW! Small group ~ This study will be "Real Prayer - Connecting with our Heavenly Father" starting October 17th at 2:00pm. For more information contact Daune Wynn @ 717.624.2594
- Community Thanksgiving Service will be held on November 19th @ 7:00. Join a combined community choir in hymns & praises. Bring a friend or neighbor!
- The New Oxford Area Chamber of Commerce is hosting its 2017 Harvest Day & Parade for Saturday, October 28th, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.. FREE and open to the public. Kids activities from 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.; Parade at 3:00 p.m. Crafts! Food! Fun for all ages!
- Join us for a Harvest Day Potluck dinner following morning service on October 29th. Everyone should bring a dish to share. Donations of canned goods will be accepted and donated to New Hope Ministries. See Ann Rollins with any questions.